Monday, February 26, 2007

Principles

My principles are dying.

The whole world is breaking apart. Rather, my whole world is breaking.

Who's to blame for this?

What's there to blame?

Circumstances? Principles ought to be the guiding light through the maze of life's circumstances. They should never be snuffed out by situations faced along the way. If they do, it's all my fault for letting it happen.

People? Have the people around me contributed to the bending of my principles? All of them saying "it's alright." Their incessant proddings nad suggestions. Their guidance. Well, had I stood by my principles, and never wavered, it would still hold firm. That still makes it my fault.

Perhaps it's fear? Fear of being ostracised or punished. Fear of being judged may have been what shattered the foothold of my principles on my life. If that were the case, then it is the fault of the coward that my principles are gone. My fault.

Temptations break me too easily. I can barely hold on to my principles perhaps. Still my fault.

No matter what the reason, it's all my fault. That much is established.

What are principles?

Conditions. Rules to live by. Principles are my purpose for existing.

My purpose for existing...

And I have let my purpose die. My principles in life are gone thanks to me. My principles are dead. And so am I.

No comments:

:::amid the shadows of trancendence:::

thoughts, principles and philosophy is the main point of discussion. Subjects ranging from love to music and life can be discussed here. Anyone is welcome to post their thoughts on my articles in the tagboard. And feel free to tell me if you think I'm wrong. I'm open to criticism.
C. Love Poems
~-=0 The Shadows Behind Me 0=-~



lurking spirits