Thursday, March 29, 2007

Leaving

Lay me down
On earthen bed to rest
Water this parched ground
With coolness hope it's blessed

Blanket me up
In cloth, earth and stone
Leave me with the grubs
That chew me down to bone

Pray that I'm learned
Free with my wealth on earth
For all that I treasured
Only knowledge would aid my rebirth

Beg the angels pair
Would kindly be to me
With softness and smiles fair
Set my soul at ease

Cry not as I fade
My time has finally come
Freed from a world so fake
To spend a time in the ground

Hope against hope for peace
That torturous flames not lick my skin
That kindness has bought me my lease
And forgiven are all my sins

My final breath taken
My last words uttered
Prayers last spoken
Before the light in my eyes muddled

Lay me down
On earthen bed to rest
To no longer tarry around
In this life that I have left

No comments:

:::amid the shadows of trancendence:::

thoughts, principles and philosophy is the main point of discussion. Subjects ranging from love to music and life can be discussed here. Anyone is welcome to post their thoughts on my articles in the tagboard. And feel free to tell me if you think I'm wrong. I'm open to criticism.
C. Love Poems
~-=0 The Shadows Behind Me 0=-~



lurking spirits