Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Gravedigger

Beyond the reach of the sun
Lies a world beyond reach of time
Pummeled by layers of dirt
A realm so small in girth

Dig dear friend dig
Unearth thy little world
Thy time hath come to open
The gates await another to enter

Upon sunbaked grounds thy stand
Within soaking rain thou work
With pick, spade and hoe
Thy wear but a passing woe

"Hail dear Lord
Thou believers doth await Thee
We come one by one
To Thy realm away from the sun

To the calling of the angel
Whose word doth death abide
Whose will is a testament
Of God's ultimate might"

Dig dear friend dig
Face Mecca Thou work will be
For another who waits reprieve
Whose time has come for worldly release

"To Him they will return
Once sentence hath been served
Timely whippings from angel fierce
Or kindly dotings from heavenly love

One by one they're prepared
For homes deep seven steps
My hands dirtied for a holy cause
The closing chapter of the soul's divorce

Goodbye dear servant of God
Thy time hath come to pass
I close thine ties to here onwards
Look back not to the past"

Work that is never-ending
Till all men have fallen through
A job few would like to do
But for a selected crew

Dirty as it may be
A cause it is most worthy
Thine work hides all disease
Under columns wide three feet

Mine thanks to thee dear friend
For when mine time is through
Mine grave thou dig for me
Here I come to life there-after

"Hail to Thee Lord Almighty
Thy blessings to the dead
May I be among them one day
Saved from Thy fiery hell

For time will come for me to go
When my job is through and gone
Another will be called to bury mine corpse
The gravedigger soul divulged"

No comments:

:::amid the shadows of trancendence:::

thoughts, principles and philosophy is the main point of discussion. Subjects ranging from love to music and life can be discussed here. Anyone is welcome to post their thoughts on my articles in the tagboard. And feel free to tell me if you think I'm wrong. I'm open to criticism.
C. Love Poems
~-=0 The Shadows Behind Me 0=-~



lurking spirits