Monday, April 02, 2007

White Dove

Lovely white dove
Purity incarnate
Fluttering above
Upon wings of grace

For you the heavens
Made your cage
Your wishes given
No askance too great

A beautiful soul
Lurks in your eyes
Warmed by the hold
Of your enrapturing smiles

Untested by time
Your immortal grace
The beauty sublime
Of a thousand praise

Innocence you hold
Gripped by your shell
That fragile gold
Of a powerful spell

Threatened by darkness
Weak by nature
Yet that very weakness
Becomes your allure

Pretty white dove
Sampling of purity
Nought for you but love
Do I have to give

The sadness in your eyes
Reflected in tears
The love in your sighs
That consumes all fears

Devotion you have
Wrought by your beauty
An addictive salve
Of skin upon skin

For your every touch
And your gentility
My life would I vouch
Till the end of eternity

Remain you untainted
In a world of grey
Forever protected
From mankind's spray

If ever you're tarnished
Or your whiteness fade
Tied by the leash
Of humanity's fate

Here still I stand
For you I wait
Holding out my hand
To you behind this gate

I pray such not
For you my dove
Stay you forever uncaught
Aflutter in your grove

No comments:

:::amid the shadows of trancendence:::

thoughts, principles and philosophy is the main point of discussion. Subjects ranging from love to music and life can be discussed here. Anyone is welcome to post their thoughts on my articles in the tagboard. And feel free to tell me if you think I'm wrong. I'm open to criticism.
C. Love Poems
~-=0 The Shadows Behind Me 0=-~



lurking spirits