Thursday, January 06, 2005

Life.

Life. It passes us by faster than a flash of light. One minute you could be standing and feeling vibrant and alive, the next you could find yourself lying in your deathbed. But what happens when death cuts it so short that there is barely any time for you to live? Then, and only then do you appreciate life.

I looked at his tiny white form, wrapped in pure white cloth. No movement. No breath. Not a single sound. Nothing. I couldn't. It was just too difficult. To accept that one so young could be taken away. A child. He was just a child. And yet there he was. Just lying there. No movement. No breath. Not a single sound.

All around in the room, people mourned for him. People who had never gotten the chance to know him. People like me. We all looked at him. We could all feel the pain. The sadness. The sigh of silence that permeated the room. My silent tears.

The procession then continued. Leaving our house. His house. On towards his final resting place. It was a dreary walk. Slow, quiet and depressed. My footsteps echoed in my heart. They grew heavier with every step I took, But I bore with it.

"Be strong."

We finally reached it. They lowered him down, I watched on in the blurry waters of my eyes. Then, came the earth. I looked on as he slowly disappeared. His pure white dress drowned in the emotionless brown of the land.

"Goodbye."

No comments:

:::amid the shadows of trancendence:::

thoughts, principles and philosophy is the main point of discussion. Subjects ranging from love to music and life can be discussed here. Anyone is welcome to post their thoughts on my articles in the tagboard. And feel free to tell me if you think I'm wrong. I'm open to criticism.
C. Love Poems
~-=0 The Shadows Behind Me 0=-~



lurking spirits