Sunday, May 21, 2006

Taboo



Floating on the winds

A silent sigh of glee

Wreathed in the smell of spring

A lady as sweet as honey



And oh to not fall for her

Such a sin could that be

To break from that fever

Of her spell on me



Could I no longer find

A knife to cut myself free

Tightly my heart she did bind

With a smile so coy and queer



Would I call it love

That which for her I feel

Emotions from which I try stay above

A sin for which I've tried to deal



Could I break my heart

Knowing that she's family

Could I tear myself apart

Cause she and me could never be



She's my cousin

A lovely and youthful royalty

I'm stuck on a mental spin

To forget her an impossibility



Call her an angel I did

As in my eyes I see

Name her my sunshine I did

As that's what she is to me



But taboo is that which I dream

A love for one too great a degree

Thus I douse my fire's gleam

Staying my heart from breaking my creed



Would she understand

That which is in this poetry

That which is written in my hand

Words only I could see



To write this she asked of me

A confession this is

Written for she to read

I've given her my golden fleece



For time long ago

Since we met before this

A crush for you did I grow

Bury it I did under layers of mist



Forget it I tried

Ignored it I did

But then you did pried

And now it's been writ

No comments:

:::amid the shadows of trancendence:::

thoughts, principles and philosophy is the main point of discussion. Subjects ranging from love to music and life can be discussed here. Anyone is welcome to post their thoughts on my articles in the tagboard. And feel free to tell me if you think I'm wrong. I'm open to criticism.
C. Love Poems
~-=0 The Shadows Behind Me 0=-~



lurking spirits