Saturday, April 29, 2006

Consider this...

Consider this: You are blind, deaf and devoid of the sense of touch; Would you consider yourself alive?

Alive: To break the term down, it refers to an organism that breathes, feeds, thinks -this ideal may not necessarily be agreed upon- as well as being capable of dying.

So could you imagine living with eyes that do not see, ears that do not hear as well as skin that does not feel?

In darkness and silence. What would that be like?

Would it be a frightful thing; Or perhaps a more freeing experience?

For the brain to accept no visual input could mean a great deal in terms of its evolution. Much thought could be made that would be free of shape and form.

No hearing means no noise. That would be ridding your mind of unnecessary distractions.

Another way of looking at it, would be getting rid of excess sources to focus on. No beeping booming and screeching could possibly catch your attention. No music. No rhythm. Won't that mean that you would gain a greater sense of focus?

No touch. no feeling. no more texture. Everything you grasp and hold would be the same. Not a single hing that's soft, rough, warm or cold. Everything's void. The mind would be more accepting of all things if everything were the same, wouldn't it?

Can you imagine living without these three senses? Would you consider yourself dead without them?

Try and picture it.

To be frank; I couldn't. Close my eyes, cover my ears and sit me down in an empty room. Still in my mind, I saw, heard and felt. To be devoid of these senses was to me an impossibility...

No comments:

:::amid the shadows of trancendence:::

thoughts, principles and philosophy is the main point of discussion. Subjects ranging from love to music and life can be discussed here. Anyone is welcome to post their thoughts on my articles in the tagboard. And feel free to tell me if you think I'm wrong. I'm open to criticism.
C. Love Poems
~-=0 The Shadows Behind Me 0=-~



lurking spirits