Friday, March 11, 2005

Broken Heart

A final comfort that is small, but not cold: The heart is the only broken instrument that works. - T.E Kalem



Under the sunlit warmth of the deep blue skies
Ravaged by the coldness of your smiles
I lay in wait, I crumble in pain
There's no changing what's been written

Fate cannot be changed, destiny will be fulfilled
The bright of day shall always give way to night
In my heart, the truth is real. Too real
You were never mine to begin with. Just a dream

White clouds roll by, leaving a trail of stars
Decorating the sky with bright white scars
Impregnable beauty enslaved in worldly sight
Enstranged with ribbons, lined in fractures

The rules of the world cannot be bent
I will be broken by those words unspoken
My heart has been crippled
I have been chained by you

My life meanders onwards without you
Endless rantings of broken wishes bedeck the plains
All of them pointing, pointing back the way I came
All of them crying, crying out your name

Withered and broken by words unspoken
I yell out your name, and yet, I'm not heard
I'm just hurt, painfully hurt
I lie broken but alive, very much alive

Alone I'm left with a heart lying dead
Tears trickling from eyes burnt red
Nobody notices, nobody cares
Not even you, the one I adore

But I fear not fate
What is emptiness if not the lack of things to lose?
Mayhap one day the bitterness will leave
In the mean time, I shall nurse my broken heart with grief.



I thought when love for you died, I should die. It's dead. Alone, most strangely, I live on. - Rupert Brooke

No comments:

:::amid the shadows of trancendence:::

thoughts, principles and philosophy is the main point of discussion. Subjects ranging from love to music and life can be discussed here. Anyone is welcome to post their thoughts on my articles in the tagboard. And feel free to tell me if you think I'm wrong. I'm open to criticism.
C. Love Poems
~-=0 The Shadows Behind Me 0=-~



lurking spirits