Sunday, August 06, 2006

Scars

One scar for every day
A trickle of blood
Only a bit of pain
not enough to cry


A thin cut upon the skin
Barely a scratch
A mere few inches in
Enough to bleed


the prick of steel
Biting against flesh
Coldness on warmth
An innocet form of harm


The hurting of the body
Self-mutilating acts
A mental addiction
A devilish pact


Pain to counter pain
Heat to combat flame
Taste of fresh blood
Lingering upon the tongue


Remnant of unshed tears
Flowing from open wounds
Palatable fears material
Born of doubt-filled years


Litter the earthen soil
Send back life from whence it came
Through much grief
In torment find relief


I cut
I burn
I bleed
But for myself I'll never weep


Live by the knife, die by it
Dare to cut, dare to bleed
By the scars I here inflict
I douse my pain in physicality
For no ache could hurt more
Than the hurting of the soul
God I beg thee forgive
For now in etching my skin
I have sinned
I'm sorry. I had to.

No comments:

:::amid the shadows of trancendence:::

thoughts, principles and philosophy is the main point of discussion. Subjects ranging from love to music and life can be discussed here. Anyone is welcome to post their thoughts on my articles in the tagboard. And feel free to tell me if you think I'm wrong. I'm open to criticism.
C. Love Poems
~-=0 The Shadows Behind Me 0=-~



lurking spirits