Monday, June 12, 2006

What is it?

"Mine honor is my life, both grow in one. Take honor from me, and my life is done. Then dear my liege, mine honor let me try; In that I live and for that I will die."

- William Shakespear.


It appears that honor is as valuable as life itself.Reputation, self-respect, morality. Nobility, magnanimity, birthright, duty. Pride. What is honor?


Is your reputation worth risking life and limb? Had honor been a meer repute of a man, why is it of such great import?


Is moral conscience the heart of human honor? The strength to do what is right. That is honor. Or at least such is the claim of some people.


Or would it be rightly so to attribute honor only to the rich, famous or of noble birth? Have you ever heard of honor being within the hearts of the poor or peasantry? It hardly seems right to some of us that honor should be restricted merely in men of a certain class.


Honor is :-
Reputation
Morality
Pride
Self-respect


Self-respect is possibly the most important aspect of honor. A belief in the goodness and righteousness of oneself. Pride in a person's own sense of morality as well as dutiful achievements. Honor as an emotion. A feeling. A birthright.


"To lose your honor, to feel that you have no honor even in your own eyes, says a lot about the person you are. Honor is important as it affects how you feel about yourself."


- Fadhilah


Honor, being what it is appears to be of great importance. So, is honor important to you? What is honor to you?

No comments:

:::amid the shadows of trancendence:::

thoughts, principles and philosophy is the main point of discussion. Subjects ranging from love to music and life can be discussed here. Anyone is welcome to post their thoughts on my articles in the tagboard. And feel free to tell me if you think I'm wrong. I'm open to criticism.
C. Love Poems
~-=0 The Shadows Behind Me 0=-~



lurking spirits