Thursday, February 17, 2005

Friend

We've gone our own ways and I know it's for the best, but sometimes I wonder will i ever have a friend like you again? - Blink 182


Amid the silence of midsummer's night
Under the shine of silvery moonlight
I stand under the boughs of a giant oak
My mind astray, my heart revoked

I look down the earthen path old
You walkked on away with steps bold
No goodbyes or sweet farewells
Uttering those words were difficult as hell

The understanding was mutual
Our friendship a casualty of battle
You did not smile as you left
Did not even care for what I felt

All I could see upon your face
Was a stern demeanor of demonic grace
Still I could sense the grievance and pain
You're just hiding it under that veil

Yet each step you took flowed like water
You fleed from me faster than a raging river
Did I bring you that much shame?
Or am I the evil one in the game?

I can't comprehend any of this
How'd our friendship get torn to bits?
How could you let it be so?
Why was I quiet throughout the show?

Thus did friendship once so sweet
Turn bitter as a rotten sugar beet
I regret ever letting it happen
But now's too late to change course taken

Our ties of friendship are undone
Frayed and melted by the sands of time
All that's left is memories past
Remnants of a friendship we thought would last

I cleared my eyes of the tears
Reminiscing memories of past years
This pain is driving me insane
Do you not feel the same?

There's nothing left in my heart
You tore it all apart
Now all that's left is a ghost of a shell
An empty, cold, dry well

All I have to say to you
For all you've done the whole time through
From when we began till the time we part
Peace be upon you friend of my heart


Friends are like the seasons. They come and go, following the passage of the sands within the hourglass.

When they've passed, You'll find yourself empty. No matter where you go or what you do, you will still feel lost. As if standing upon a rolling desert of sand and dust. With nothing to accompany you but the howling winds and the billowing sands. No matter how far you walk, for how long, it doesn't make a difference. Because there is none to share it with. No one to laugh and cry with. No one to listen to you. No one to talk to you. No one.

No comments:

:::amid the shadows of trancendence:::

thoughts, principles and philosophy is the main point of discussion. Subjects ranging from love to music and life can be discussed here. Anyone is welcome to post their thoughts on my articles in the tagboard. And feel free to tell me if you think I'm wrong. I'm open to criticism.
C. Love Poems
~-=0 The Shadows Behind Me 0=-~



lurking spirits