Thursday, October 20, 2005

Grief

Tender darkness creeps in

Empty and cold as the icy sea

Anchored by memories long gone

Reminiscent moments turned torturous hell



Lost is the self in the clouds

Searing in the heat of thunderous storms

There is no safety

No joy in flying on featherless wings



Convinced it could never be

I hide my bones in a leathery sheath

But I can't fly

Torn wings covered are still torn



Struck down from the heavens

I lost what i needed

I cannot be without you

All hell was broken loose when I lost you



The sun lost its shine

I've never been so cold or alone

Food has lost its flavor

I've never felt so disfigured



Guilt

Depression

Denial

Anger



Amid the numbness

Wrapped amidst the disorganization

Was immesurable silence

But reality demanded me to live



I was hopelessly lost

Locked in grief

Wandering the winds of change

Doomed to tears


We all experience it. Grievance. Loss. Emptiness. And the only form of escape, lies in braving through it.

When you feel lost, alone, crushed, there is none who can save you but yourself. Be strong. Know that pain, like joy, is but a passing phase. In time, it will pass. Grief for that which you no longer have, but live not for what you've lost. Live on, for each breath is a sign of what's to come. Every moment you live is a mark that there's more waiting for you up ahead. Live on through the tears and fears. Something new awaits you if you're willing to wait for it.

No comments:

:::amid the shadows of trancendence:::

thoughts, principles and philosophy is the main point of discussion. Subjects ranging from love to music and life can be discussed here. Anyone is welcome to post their thoughts on my articles in the tagboard. And feel free to tell me if you think I'm wrong. I'm open to criticism.
C. Love Poems
~-=0 The Shadows Behind Me 0=-~



lurking spirits